Sending a "Thanks but No Thanks" email is a professional way to close the loop with applicants that you feel are not a good fit for your job opening, and it's easy to do with your account. There are two options open to you for sending a "Thanks But No Thanks" (a.k.a. TBNT) email to applicants. You can also customize the TBNT text to fit your company's communication style.
Send a TBNT Email to a Single Applicant
To send a TBNT email to a single applicant, click here to view step-by-step instructions. It's important to note that once you send a TBNT email to an applicant, that applicant will be automatically archived and moved to the Archived Applicants tab in your applicant viewer. You can always unarchive an applicant by selecting Unarchive from the select action drop down menu.
Send a Mass TBNT Email to Multiple Applicants
1. From your dashboard, click on the job posting title containing applicants that you would like to send a TBNT email to.
2. (Optional) Use the tabs or filtering options to select a group of applicants you want to send the TBNT email to.
3. Check the select all box or select check boxes next to individual applicants' names and then click on the select action drop down menu at the top of the applicant list and choose Send "Thanks but No Thanks" from the drop down menu.
4. Make any edits you want to the TBNT email message and click on the Send Message button.
That's all she wrote. Your TBNT emails will go out to the selected applicants and those very same applicants will be auto archived and now show up on your Archived Applicants tab.
Customize the TBNT Default Email Text
1. From your dashboard, click on the drop down menu next to Your Account and select Account Details. Note: only users with access to Account Details may customize the TBNT email text.
2. Scroll down to the Customize & Design section and click on the Message Templates button.
3. On the Message Templates page, click on Edit next to the Thanks But No Thanks message template.
4. Make any edits you want and then click on Save Changes.
And voilà, your default TBNT message has been customized.